Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Well, Ambulance Driver has certainly ....................................

left me feeling the need to be "pharmaceutically-enhanced" - ya fly into Houston, probably to Bush Intercontinental {less than 30 miles from me} and what do I get? Do I get an eMail, or a phone call, 'hey, whatcha doin', wanna stop down for a cuppa coffee?' Not only no, but HE77 NO! I get bupkis!!

Just a fast post tonight - I'm cogitatin' some commentary on our culture, but it's still roiling in my ......................... mind? ....................... ;-)

For the spousal unit's recent birthday, I stopped @ Spec's {the "if-they-ain't-got-it-NOBODY'S-got-it" liquor store here} for a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel - he likes it, and it isn't an all-the-time choice for him - {but dammit, the bottles aren't a WHOLE lot bigger than airplane liquor bottles} - and decided to get 4 splits of champagne for me - I like champagne {prefer Moet Demi} - but I got splits 'cause I'm the only champagne person in the family - sorry, military background notwithstanding, I can't polish off an entire bottle alone anymore ..................... anyhoo, there were no Moet splits of course, so I got Champagne POP, from the Pommery vineyards .......................... I'm not well-versed enough re: liquor, but there's an extra "taste"? "flavor"? SOMETHING with the POP that I don't recall from Moet {granted, it's been about 20 years since I had Moet .......................... ;-) } If anyone has tried POP, and has experience of Moet, and can 'SPLAIN it to me, I'd appreciate it ...........................

2 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Mair, next time I'm through Houston and I have a layover...

I promise to let you know in time to buy me a beverage. ;)

phlegmfatale said...

I haven't tried the POP, but I love the little 4-pack of cans of the Sophia Coppola champagne, and I love the cute pink can with the straw - SWEET!