Monday, April 16, 2007

I borrowed from LawDog .............................

{with attribution} in a post on my Marine message board, re: the abysmal state of people when it comes to protecting themselves as individuals, and protecting others {ie, Virginia Tech} ......................... maybe, because of my reading of true crime, crime novels & watching crime shows, I've been aware of my surroundings, for YEARS - and had a pretty good idea of "what" was available if needed for protection ....................... maybe it's paranoia, I don't know - as a survivor of childhood physical abuse, I tend to be 'hypervigilant' - this doesn't mean I was never a "victim" of a random crime, but the examples of PPP {Pi$$ Poor Protoplasm - it's a medical term, just ask Ambulance Driver! ;-)} by-God knew they had tangled with this partic'lar blonde ......................

I want to do a tribute to a dog that touched my heart, as the MPD Saint has recently done, but I'm afraid it will have to wait 'til later, as I've a migraine tonight, and won't take the meds 'til the spousal unit is home - the truck WAS running sans leaks today, but 'til it's in the driveway, I'll just wait ....................... ;-)

1 comment:

Flo said...

Hope you're feeling better by now, Mair.