Monday, April 9, 2007

Oh, yeah, and I'm feeling .........................

kinda good about myself - our neighbor with the health issues is going through his second bout with leukemia {CLL} ........................ he has an oncologist affiliated with M. D. Anderson - but there's an internist he was seeing while he was in remission - D. had been feeling rather 'bleah', so he called the internist to get an appointment - s/he told D. to come in for a testosterone shot - D.'s telling me this the evening before he's to get the shot - I told him that wasn't a good idea - from what I recall, NO additional, "therapeutic" hormones are 'safe'/good for you when battling cancer of any kind - did some research on the Web, took it over to him - the next day, as the spousal unit is preparing to leave, D. comes over & thanks me for being such a 'noodge' - he'd called his oncologist, who absolutely backed me up as to the dangers of hormone therapy ....................... I used to do medical literature searches for an anesthesiology department, so it's just a matter of knowing where to look ......................... but at least I kept D. from making a mistake that could've hindered his recovery/remission ........................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings, I enjoy reading your blog. This article in particular caught my eye becasue of D's medical condition. I too have CLL. I am an Admin at a CLL forum that may be of interest to D if you would be be so kind as to provide him with the link. http://cllcfriends.com
We provide emotional and spiritual support as well as information regarding the treatment of the disease.

Thanks!
Loren (AKA BaldEagle)