Thursday, April 26, 2007

'The time has come,' the Walrus said,

'To talk of many things: Of shoes -- and ships -- and sealing wax -- Of cabbages -- and kings -- And why the sea is boiling hot -- And whether pigs have wings.'
H/T Lewis Carroll

No, this isn’t the post on culture – still cogitatin’ ……………………………..

The neighbors, D. & W., are dealing with W.’s granddaughter – 16 years old, thinks SHE knows everything, is using drugs {mostly presumptive pharmaceuticals from “friends”} ………………………………. Is going to the beach overnight with her 19 year old BF, then accompanying him to Tennessee? Kentucky? {couldn’t this develop into a Mann Act violation?}, to his parents’ house for his personal belongings – {he’s going to be starting college in the area soon} ……………………………. C., the GD, is driving her parents & grandparents to distraction – she wants to “get a job”, etc., etc. ………………………… all while her GM is working herself to exhaustion, and her step-GF is battling a recurrence of CLL – from my admittedly more objective viewpoint, C. needs a swift kick in the keister {or six} – she has NO concept of respect for herself or anyone else ……………………………. I recommended having her declared incorrigible ………………………………….. D. says no, she’ll just run away ……………………………….. I must have been damn near a saint as a teen ………………………………… b’cause I NEVER put my folks through this kind of garbage ………………………………….. hey, mebbe this is my version of Holly’s experiences @ “Going Postal” & SpeakerTweaker’s “What’d He Just Say?” ……………………………………

It seems as though the time has truly come for me to get my Doc & Dentist to refer me to an ‘oral & maxillofacial surgeon’ – I’ve been dealing with TMJ for years, have recently attempted using night bite guards again, and they ain’t workin’ – I’m hoping it the surgery would also alleviate some on-again-off-again pain in my inner ear {straighten everything out, doncha know? ;-)} – for my way of thinking, a MAJOR benefit is that my jaw would be wired shut for a few weeks ……………………………….. weight loss, anyone?

On the local law enforcement front – HPD {for whom I harbor very few ‘warm-fuzzies’, primarily due to the sanctuary policy, and their chief is an idiot who couldn’t pass the necessary law enforcement tests for quite a long time} is being pilloried because a critter was fleeing from police in a stolen vehicle with illegal drugs in the vehicle, and said critter crashed into a young mother of two, killing her, then the critter took off on foot – the young mother’s family is blaming HPD ………………………………….. sorry, Folks, but HPD was doing their job - it is the critter’s fault the young mother is dead …………………………………….

1 comment:

phlegmfatale said...

RE: the maxillofacial surgery thingie - I have some jaw issues, too, and will have to have surgery to correct that, but my surgeon in Dallas does not wire the jaw shut, because he says everything heals faster when it's not. Now, maybe that's because my type of surgery would be different than the type you'd get, but you ought to check around and see what options are available to you. :) Good luck with that!