Monday, July 23, 2007

Time for a rant ....................................

Gay Cynic is having his issues with the medical profession ................ mine is with a much more superficial aspect, but I believe valid, nonetheless ..................

Twenty-plus years ago, I talked with cosmetic surgeons in a teaching hospital where I worked, asking why they couldn't remove fat from thighs/buttocks/wherever and re-locate it to the breast area for augmentation/reconstruction - was told it 'wasn't practical'. I also asked why hair from one's scalp couldn't be transplanted as eyelashes - I was basically laughed at by the docs.

NOW come reports from California & Europe - the latest fad in CA? Transplanting hair from the scalp to the eyelashes - developed for burn victims. Only problem is, one must trim them, as they continue to grow. And from Europe? Women are going on their lunch breaks, having liposuction done on the requisite areas, and the fat is then put in their breast areas .......................... Wonder if I can get any GYNs or urologists to listen to me NOW about my thoughts on reversible tubal ligations & vasectomies?

No comments: