Thursday, July 26, 2007

LawDog is one of my heroes ......................... ;-)

his willingness to help, in the face of {apparently} abject ingratitude warms the cockles of my heart ....................... I know there are people who "like" cats, and those who abhor them - but they are still living, breathing, "feeling", sentient creatures - and as such, not deserving of the treatment such as LawDog is rescuing them from ........................ I used to say, in all seriousness, that I wished there would be an outbreak of bubonic plague in Mexico, to force the people there to see that cats were NOT a 'nuisance' - they're 'adopted' as kittens, then tossed outside when they're no longer "cute" & expected to fend for themselves - yes, the same is done here, but to a much lesser extent - I was a "gringa loca" for stopping grown men from throwing rocks at a mother & her kittens .......................

Have a neighbor threatening to kill a stray Tom I've been feeding, 'cause "Big Red" is getting on his girlfriend's car at night ...................... we'll see, as this guy isn't exactly known for his willingness to 'go confrontational' with other men ........................ my spousal unit will stand up for "Red", if it comes to that ........................... ;-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your spousal unit will sick up for Red. Someone needs to.

Poor cat's and kittens. Thats awful!

KG said...

Go Red!
I have a neighbour's cat here (a beautiful big tabby) who calls in every day for cold chicken, which he loves.
So he spends his time sitting on the roof of the Benz so he can watch through the window when I get up and as a result there's always mud from his paws on the paintwork.
Big deal--it's easy enough to rinse it off and I'd rather have his company than a clean car.