Friday, March 2, 2007

DragonWatch has a WONDERFUL post on illegal immigration ........................

be sure to check him out!

Tolewyn, LawDog's relation, has a brownies recipe on his recent post .................. sooooooo, in the spirit of friendly competition, I submit allrecipes.com 's Baked Fudge:

Baked Fudge
Submitted by: Suzanne LeVieux-Hall
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 13 members Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour Ready In: 1 Hour 10 Minutes
Yields: 12 servings

"A sweet gooey mixture of sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs, butter, vanilla and pecans becomes an irresistible panful of baked rich sweetness."
INGREDIENTS:
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
powder 4 eggs, beaten
1 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, sift together sugar, flour and cocoa. Add eggs. Add melted butter, vanilla and pecans. Pour mixture into 8x12-inch baking pan.
3. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish. Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until firm.

NOW, I don't make "male fudge" {think about that term before you ask what I mean ..................... ;-) } and, being from Hershey, I add 25-50% more cocoa - leave the other ingredients the same ...................... ;-)
I'd make this for my students down in Mexico - I'd have to hide it from our fellow teachers, as they would devour it before my students got any! Also, as you can see from the ingredients, it is in NO way 'low calorie' - but, it's SO rich, a little goes a long way ............................

1 comment:

DW said...

RD,
Thanks for the help. If you are ever on fire or radioactive or stuff like that, that I can help with, I'm your man.