Saturday, January 13, 2007

In case y'all hadn't guessed .........................

I like cats ...................... ;)
My dream is to take a page from the book of the folks at Cheetah's Rock, and get about 100 acres up in the Casper, WY, area, and ONE (1) female cheetah - did you know, cheetahs are so genetically non-diverse that there are studies that say they all have no more diversity than identical twins? For the biologically interested, that isn't a good thing ...................... and with an infant/cub mortality rate of 75%, conservation efforts are owed to this magnificent animal ..........................
Reason I want ~ 100 acres is, I want a female clouded leopard, too .......................... breed each every other estrus cycle, so they can recover, and give their attention to the cubs they have .............. the cubs would then {IF I could stand to part with them! :-(} go to reputable zoos or other conservation organizations ....................... the links below are so my readers/viewers can see what I'm talking about, re: the beauty and magnificence of these most noble of God's creatures ......................


Cheetah's Rock
Clouded Leopard
More Cheetahs

No comments: