Friday, December 29, 2006

More thoughts on manners ......................

Holly's response to my post re: manners reminded me - we recently had a family move in next door - daughter is ~ 12, son is ~ 14 - I started "getting to know" the family when the son knocked on our door to see if we'd be interested in his taking charge of our yard work {YES!! Unless you've experienced a Houston summer, don't even try to make me feel guilty - even better, unless you've experienced a Houston summer while going through menopause, just hush! ;) }.
These kids have to be two of the nicest, most respectful I've met in a while - and yes, I tell their Mom & Dad so .......................... this is a 'blended family', and the other two kids {daughter ~ 14, son ~ 11} live out of state, but when they came here for a visit, "Mom" sent them over to introduce themselves ................... so ya see, Goddess, we're not as endangered a species as we may on occasion think ........................ ;)

1 comment:

Flo said...

How very refreshing! I get comments a lot about how polite and thoughtful my son is. He stopped by his grandmother's before he left and when back home for a weekend from college just to visit with her, then offered and mowed her lawn. I'm so proud that he thinks of these things on his own.

Holly has a couple of great kids, too! I just hope my daughter becomes a little more consistent, but there are times she has totally shocked me with her thoughtfulness.

So yeah, there is hope.