Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Phlegm Fatale & Lainy, my apologies ..............................

for not welcoming y'all sooner - I'm not normally so ill-mannered - but with an attention span that was never that good, getting worse, I'm hoping y'all will understand .......................... plus, today, I've been fighting a "hegg-ache" {as the progeny used to call them} all day - not a migraine, it's concentrated on the left, around my eye & ear - Flo, AD, DW - I'm PERRL {although the left seems a little slower than the right - that may be normal for me} - I'm not including the "A", as I never thought to ask for a definition of accommodation - so I'm not worrying about stroke - it just HURTS so da## much - and the reason I know it's not an aberrant migraine is, soaking my feet in hot water didn't help - no, I'm not crazy - if you suffer from migraines, next one, try this before any meds - run water as hot as you can accept in the tub {or sink, if yours is easily accessible} - soak your feet for about 10-15 minutes - then lay down {if you can} for another 15 minutes ......................... I don't know HOW it works, but it does - I have Raynaud's {icicle hands & feet}, and when my feet are warmed .................... the hegg-ache goes away .........................

GOTTA tell y'all - Saturday, I went to a small, local community's first-ever Founders Day {New Caney, Holly} - I met some friends there, saw one friend's new baby {she's beautiful} - the lady I've the longest friendship with has a 3 year old - the Army had a recruiting tent, AND a rock-climbing wall - C., the 3 year old, decided she wanted to climb it - fine, her mother encourages her to try new stuff - the harness was put on {over C.'s sundress} and a young soldier hauled away so that C. went swooping up {about 6 feet} - he slowly lowered her, and she is MAD - yelling at her Mom to take her shoes off and let her go again, she wants to CLIMB ..................... of course, I kibbitzed the soldiers, told them she was gonna go Marines ........................... ;-) Her Mom, afterward, told me she loves that C. is so adventurous, but would like her to become a bit more .................... discerning about her challenges - Mom used the word "fear" & that's NOT what Mom wants - just some degree of judgement ................... ;-)

3 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Sorry about your headache, Mair.

And C. sounds like a pistol! She and KatyBeth would get along.

Anonymous said...

Hope you get to feeling better.

C. sounds like she'll turn into an amazing woman one day.

phlegmfatale said...

Thank you so much for the warm welcome, and no apology necessary. I've been having difficulty just making the rounds - I've been so overcommitted lately. Thanks for the heggache tip - I'll try it next time!