Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Got a {some?} questions ..................................

is it possible that a lot of the problems 'we' as a society are experiencing are the result of the determination that "self-esteem" is the Holy Grail of emotional development, causing the loss of "self-respect" as a determinant?

Every time I turn around, I'm hearing how peoples' 'self-esteem suffers' - but it seems to me that if they were proponents of 'self-respect' their self-esteem would be OK - self-respect would allow one to make mistakes, but to LEARN from them - if self-esteem is the only measure, everything devolves to subjective "feelings" ............................ maybe I'm too parsing of semantics - I don't say people are 'creative', I call them artistic - "creative" implies that they make something from NOTHING - far as I know, there is only one truly Creative Force .............................. and none of US are IT ........................... ;-)

No comments: