Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I don't deal well with liars and their antics ....................................

can't go into it right now, but it seems to be ongoing - it's NOT part of the FodGuy & I - WE'RE OK, just don't have a lot of time together .....................................

So, to pleasant things - one of the high points of the NRA convention was meeting LawDogPhlegm Fatale - for those of you who haven't met her yet, Phlegmmy reminds me of a young Elizabeth Taylor {after National Velvet, before Cleopatra} - a singularly beautiful young woman, who seems a perfect match for LawDog.

While wandering the aisles and ACRES of fun stuff, I happened to see a six and a half foot, VERY pale pink & white pig - I don't recall the offerings at that booth, but it reminded me of .............................. something {Class Gazillion and one BEVERAGE ALERT!}

One company that need never bother including me on their mailing list is E. R. Shaw - I am admittedly not knowledgeable about long guns - I AM, however, intelligent enough to be a smart a$$ - Shaw is doing strange things to their barrels, so I asked their representative, why the rifling on the outside - HE snaps out, "It's not rifling, it's FLUTING!  Rifling's on the inside!"  OK, humorless cretin alert - so I ask what is the purpose of the fluting?  To dissipate heat, I'm told.  Oh, like a heat sink? I ask.  NO!  NOTHING like a heat sink! I'm angrily informed.  So, when I start my journey of long guns, E. R. Shaw and their rude, abrasive, humorless representatives can go whistle "Dixie" 'til the cows come home before I'll purchase ANYTHING of theirs ..................................






.




1 comment:

Old NFO said...

Yeah, they are PITA... and there are better folks out there to deal with...