Sunday, December 23, 2007

M. got me a knitting machine, per a friend's

suggestion that I get a hobby & I'm having fun with it ....................... but ............................. the raccoons & possums are still coming up for Big Red's 'leftovers' ........................ had a young coon up on the porch railing tonight, going to town on Red's dry food - I took some more dry food out, to put separate from Red's - it USED to be, when I opened the door, they'd take off - run about 5 yards, stop & watch me - not anymore - THIS young'un dangled {there's no other applicable term} from 3 paws, upside down {kinda like when we used to do 'skin the cat' on the playground} and just LOOKED at me - now, admitting the selfish aspects, it is extremely gratifying that I'm not perceived as a threat by this beautiful wild creature {NO, I'm NOT attempting to pet or otherwise domesticate them!}, but for THEIR safety, as well as that of any humans who decide to get stupid, I'll be calling animal control next week, to see about relocating them somewhere .......................... primeval ......................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No knitting needles? A real machine! Oh boy, I bet that's a bunch of fun.

Yes, get rid of the creatures, they carry disease and can turn on you in a split second. I had a opossum sneak right through the front door over the summer. It had curled at my feet and when it moved I about had a heart attack. Got rid of him/her quick without killing it. I didn't have the heart for that.

DW said...

"Hot sauce dripping from their tooooooes!"