Thursday, November 15, 2007

Lainy, MK & anyone else .....................................

doing better {still coughing, ribs still tender, but not as much} - x-ray was OK {"Everything's fine" per doctor's office} - one thing I would caution ANYONE on - if you're in any way sensitive to the effects of pseudoephedrine or dextromethorphan, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR if they want to prescribe 'Endacof' - I could only handle it for 3 days - s'posed to take it 4 times/day - I was taking it ONCE a day, at night, to allow me to sleep - the pseudo component made my heart race, so it took a while before I could get to sleep - then the next day, it was like I was moving through fog .................... I can't take codeine-based meds {not allergic, exactly, but I'll doze off for 1/2 hour or so, then get up in a RAGE - like a year's worth of PMS in one hour - NOT fun, for me or anyone around me ......................... :-( }
Right now, I'm working on the shopping list for Thanksgiving - we're going to the home of family friends - I'll be making bourbon-glazed pork roast, cheesecake & pecan pie with cream cheese crust, deviled eggs, bringing pre-bagged salad & dressings ...................... the ONLY items not made from 'scratch' will be the salad & dressings - OK, I admit it, I LIKE to cook, & see people enjoy what I make ............................ ;-)

2 comments:

MathewK said...

That's good to hear DM, hang in there and what a feast that would be. I'm hungry now.. :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you're OK and found out the problem.

I'm heading to Flo's for Thanksgiving and we'll have a blast as long as she lets me have a 'Rita or two.