Saturday, February 14, 2009

OK, so "domestic violence" now includes beheading ...............................

Michelle Malkin covers it here, and Brenda Walker of VDare covers it here.

Now, I've been fortunate to have lived my entire life as an American {I was born @ U.S. Naval Hospital-Quantico, U.S. Marine Corps Base, Quantico, Virginia - I wasn't stamped "USDA" on my butt - I was stamped "USMC" ;-) }, growing up in a rather tumultuous period of our Nation's history. I was the first woman in my field in the U.S. Marine Corps, so I DO have some idea of what it takes to overcome prejudices. THAT being said, I have a difficult time with comprehending people from cultures so severely at odds with American freedoms deciding that THIS is where they want to be. The U.S.A. is the very antithesis of their antediluvian cultures, yet it seems a significant number of the planet's population would haul a$$ here in a New York minute, were they given the opportunity. My question HERE, then, is WHY? If they are SO ambitious, and have SO much to offer, WHY are they not making their opportunities in their own nations/cultures? I'm afraid I've become rather jaded when hearing of some folks who come here - I figure they're good at the bull$hit with bureaucrats.

In a related issue, I would also ask ANY woman who was raised in a Western culture WHY she would consider converting to such a 'religion'? Please, don't insult my intelligence by claiming "love" - the practitioners of this faith could well KILL YOU should you decide later that it's not the faith for you. Personally, I believe that it's similar to the 'rape fantasies' that vampire stories offer - a woman completely subjugates herself to some man, therefore, SHE doesn't bear any responsibility. Nice work if you can get it .......................

*****

Also, since I'm on a roll here, let me go on 'offending' - OctoMom - all 14 of her children were conceived via in-vitro fertilization - we're talking ~ $20,000.00 PER procedure; I just wonder about her abilities {or lack thereof} re: relationships, and what she'll teach her kids about relationships, if NOT ONE OF THEM was conceived naturally. AND, there was a discussion on one of the talk shows I overheard, about the cosmetic surgery she's had - another $20,000.00 worth - to enhance her similarity to Angelina Jolie {extremely questionable taste in her "heroes", IMO}. And she claims her child welfare payments aren't welfare, but "an entitlement for which I qualify". I'm sorry, but the definition of "entitle" {root of "entitlement"} is
–verb (used with object), -tled, -tling.
1. to give (a person or thing) a title, right, or claim to something; furnish with grounds for laying claim: His executive position entitled him to certain courtesies rarely accorded others.
2. to call by a particular title or name: What was the book entitled?
3. to designate (a person) by an honorary title.

Being overly fecund 'entitles' one to be called "Mom" by several different voices; being artificially fecund 'entitles' one to being called 'freak' and should be cause for some intensive psychotherapy, on HER dime ......................... I do NOT see this ending well; she's 'going to finish school' with a Master's degree in counseling - she's looking to trade on her "fame" {her children, actually} to make her appealing to clients. NEWSFLASH: The way to obtain a well-paying client base is to get one's PhD - kinda hard when one has 14 children under the age of eight.

Unfortunately, given the level of rational thought processes evidenced so far, I'm making a prediction - within 5-8 years, we will hear of her attempting some action along the lines of Andrea Yates, the 'mother' here in Texas who drowned her 5 children ...........................


.

No comments: