Monday, February 5, 2007

Hadda go pick up a humane trap Friday ..........................

I would truly like to have about 10 minutes alone with people who dump cats - I've managed to catch one in particular - I just put the trap out today, since I didn't want to have a cat in there over the weekend - this old fellow I've got in there right now is skittish - runs away if he can - but he's allowed me to pet him through the cage - I have the top covered wtih plastic, one of the sides is covered by a piece of cardboard - when I put a towel in it, for him to cuddle on, he drew it to him ........................... I KNOW I may be sentencing him to be euthanized, but that's far kinder than abandoning him when we move again - but I would STILL like to have a "private meeting" with the gutless, conscienceless "human" who dumped him - far as I can see, the old cat's only sin was in his original choice of human companion .............................

4 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

You said a mouthful there, Mair. People who dump pets are the lowest. I put those who dump dogs even lower on the list - they don't even have the outdoor survival skills a cat has.

Flo said...

Amen to both of you.

DW said...

Flo, was the old fellow a cat, or some one who dumped a cat, I'm worried about an elderly man in a cat trap. I wonder how the cat would feel about being euthanized, vice left alone?

Anonymous said...

dw asked if the detainee was the cat or the person who dumped the cat. :D

I used to live in a semi-rural area and the house backed up to open pasture land. Dumped dogs packed up and chased local livestock, and ate resdents' pets' food. Abandoned cats ravaged our "pet" covey of quail. I had to shoot several of those animals and always felt bad about it. I often remarked that I'd far rather have been destroying those who dumped the poor animals . . . .

JPG