Monday, January 22, 2007

OK, here goes the "meme" ......................

since the Goddess 'tagged' me .................. ;-)

1. LawDog started this Meyers-Briggs stuff, so I’m an INTP on M-Bs’ hoop-ti-do – which explains a lot …………………….. though people who see me day-to-day would question the “introvert” part ………………………. ;-)

2. There are probably a few Marines around who were “along for the ride” back in ‘78 or '79 – I was duty driver in Yuma, AZ, for the day – just so happened, that was the day a lot of folks were re-qualifying with firearms. OK, so I’ve got a full-size pickup truck, with a 4-door cab, & go to retrieve the Marines from the range; there are 6-7 Marines in the cab with me, and 8-12 in the bed of the truck. We have to return the weapons & ammo to the armory, which at that time is/are a series of 12-20 Quonset huts, half-submerged in the sand, in an ‘open box’ arrangement, with the guardshack along one of the ‘long sides’ – we follow the armory personnel to a hut on the far side of the ‘the box’, going in a left turn, right turn, right turn manner in front of other huts. Everything is offloaded and accounted for, and the armory guys, in their Jeep, CHALLENGED me to a race back to the guardshack. OK, fine - never let it be said that M-Squared/M&M {my nicknames} let down my Marine Corps in a challenge ……………………………. We go hell-for-leather at about a 50-60 degree angle across the ‘open area’ of ‘the box’ ……………………………. The guard on duty at the shack came out, with a face as white as a sheet …………………………….. “WTH were you doing? That field is MINED!!” ……………………………. Ooops …………………………….. BTW, yes, we did win the race ……………………………. ;-)

3. I like going for walks while snow is falling; once that stops, however, and it’s just cold, let me stay in where it’s warm & dry, with plenty of coffee & tea, cigarettes, books, my cats and my Magic Elf Box.

4. I like to do a lot of different craft things – right now, I’m very frustrated that I can’t find a store that carries reed for making baskets {I KNOW I can get it on the ‘Net – it just isn’t the same} – I’m very tactile, in that I like to feel stuff before I decide to incorporate it into whatever I’m doing. BTW, please don’t refer to me as “creative” – the nuns did a good job on me – there is only ONE “Creative force” in existence – most refer to Him/Her as “God” ………………………. Call me “artistic”…………………… ;-) You do know that “When God made man, She was only joking”, right? Hehehehehehehehehehehehehe

5. Had someone notice once that, in a restaurant where you have pictures of dishes, and written descriptions, I’ll rely more on the written descriptions than the pictures …………………….. I don’t know how that is utilized in ‘personality descriptions’, but there you are ………………………… ;-)

OK, now
Gay Cynic, Old CatMan, the folks at Crusader Rabbit, The Bitch Girls, and Suicide of the West -- TAG! You're IT!!

No comments: