Tuesday, January 23, 2007

I have a new CD/DVD combo ........................

my spousal unit is by-God determined that I be able to watch movies he downloads on my computer ...................... I was just trying to copy some text files to a CD ....................... I didn't think it was supposed to be making those weird noises ....................... "Burn process failed" .......................... :-(
Gotta hair question - my hair is kinda long - having problems, in that the ends get SO tangled, SO easily ....................... past couple of shampoos, after I've rinsed the conditioner out, I've applied VO5 from the tube {it doesn't smell as nice as I recall from my youth!}, to about 4" from the ends on down, let it 'set' under a shower cap for the length of time a 120 mm cigarette takes to smoke, then rinsing the excess out ...................... I already use Proclaim glossing 'stuff' - but STILL the ends tangle - I don't generally blow dry {let the air do it}, or straighten or curl it ...........................
Last week, it got so cold here {yes, we're in Texas, but you get a little chill in the air in the Houston area, and the humidity makes it feel a LOT colder}, I brought Stubby 'K' in the house {he doesn't even have a tail to wrap round himself, and he's a shorthair} - initially, he was in a cat carrier most of the day - he's now ensconced in the second bathroom, with litter pan, food & water - we thought we were going to lose him over the weekend - he wasn't eating anything, or drinking any water - I forced some water on him - then he started showing interest in life again - he's been eating well for about 36 hours, but I haven't given him too much, so he doesn't overload his stomach - I'm figuring we dodged a bullet - feline leukemia is endemic here, and we figure that's why he was dumped - his "people" found out he had leukemia, and 1) didn't have the funds to treat it {it can be hideously expensive} and 2) didn't have the guts to have him euthanised .......................... so, he's with us, for as long as he has, as long as he has quality of life, and isn't in pain ........................

2 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Had the same problem with the hair on my back...plus the humidity doesn't help my split ends. I wound up just having the missus braid it. *grin*

Gay_Cynic said...

Roxio CD/DVD Creator...makes the world a happier place.