Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Heheheheheheheheheh ............................................

TexasBlueBonnets1

Y'all thought I was gonna put post-surgical pictures up, dincha? NOT A CHANCE IN HE##, 'til I'm ~ 6 weeks post-op - there's too much swelling & bruising of the lower areas of my face right now - actually, bruising not so much, but swelling & bandanges that have to remain 'til tomorrow ................. for those not looped in, on Monday, I had a UPPP {uvalo-palato-pharyngoplasty} & genioglossus advancement - the advancement was to alleviate my TMJ, but when I went to the oral surgeon back in August {!!!}, HE was concerned because my airway was 1/3 the diameter it should be, so he sent me to an ENT, who agreed that a UPPP was necessary - problem was, our insurance wanted me to do a trial of a C-PAP - NOT an option {I've not always been real smart in my relationships, prior to the FodGuy - I was involved with a man who found it hilarious to cover my mouth & nose while I was sleeping, then laugh uproariously when I'd awaken in a panic, choking} - so, the docs had to have a peer-to-peer consultation with the insurance's docs, to justify UPPP surgery vs. C-PAP ......................... so, anyhoo, surgery went well {both surgeons expressed their pleasure at my response/recovery}, though I'm STILL not certain sure I didn't sound off like a drunken sailor when I was coming out of the anesthesia - per our progeny & the FodGuy, the cuss words I heard me saying weren't audible to them .................... ;-)



.

3 comments:

Ayrdale said...

Hey, I'm a newcomer, stumbled here by accident, but hope that your blogging is therapeutic to you.

Not sure why I arrived could've just been the sight of "rough diamond". Always appeals, promise there, just needs polishing and a little TLC...think our world view could be similar. There's millions of blogs around, but check my muses, and see if we're pulling in the same direction.
If not, here's to ya anyway...

Diamond Mair said...

LOVE your avatar/photo - have always had a soft spot for our primate 'cousins' .................. Will check out your blog, probably tomorrow {Darvocet is kicking in} - may I post a link to you on my blog?

Semper Fi'
DM

MathewK said...

Glad to hear it went well DM. Get well soon ya hear.