Saturday, December 20, 2008

Just washed my hands with Baby Magic .........................................

but one can STILL smell the {gun} oil on them ......................... YES, I got my .380 today - now, from all the horror stories re: background checks, waits, etc., I was thinking it'd be next week, if not into January, before I was permitted to bring it home - I asked a county Constable yesterday who he'd recommend for gun purchases - he recommended a shop dedicated to guns, ~ 20 miles distant - I called them this morning, they HAD the .380 in stock, so I hied myself up there - chose the pistol, filled out the paperwork {had to come home & renew my driver's license online, as the feds would've claimed it was expired, even though Texas would give me to the end of the month}, took the printout back up there, he filled in HIS part, called & within five minutes, I was OK'd to bring it home - NOW, for "potential gunnies" out there, I have to provide a caveat - 6 years ago, I purchased a Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun, & went through a half-hour wait, while they ran my name & SSN background check - since THAT one came back clean {I was able to take the shotgun home the same day, too}, and I've no charges/convictions/etc., in the intervening 6 years, this second check was very quick ............................. got a box of expensive ammo {20 rounds for $14.00}, but will get some cheap for use on the range. {For comparison purposes, picked up a box of "regular" ammo (50 rounds/$20.00) for my spousal unit}



.

No comments: