Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blame it on the time of year, but every year, I'm lookin' for a Greyhound ..................................





Thirty years ago, I was {I thought} one day away from giving birth in Philadelphia; 4 October {feast of St. Francis of Assisi} would've been GREAT - I'd been involved in humane work since I was 14, so my child being born on his feast day would've been icing on the cake ......................... she's STILL the icing on the cake, even though the stinker was born on 6 October, feast of St. Bruno, patron saint of the possessed ............................. she's having "issues" with the 'big 3-0' {it's a hereditary thing - I thought my life was OVER @ 30}- if you're so inclined to tell her it isn't ALL bad, please leave comments here - I will ensure she receives them, on her birthday - a neighbor does wonderful things with cakes/fondant, so the neighbor, a friend & I are going to surprise her at work with it - the cake will be chocolate cake with raspberry ganache, and rum-flavored cake with pina colada-flavored ganache ........................ done up with skulls, of course!! ;-)

I MISS the Northeastern part of the country, this time of year .................................




.

No comments: