Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Color me conceited {catblogging} .............................................

there's a stray female who's been dining from the buffet de SuperFod & Diamond Mair ........................ we have one of her daughters I managed to catch last winter - Mama's been totally feral from the beginning - but tonight, for the first time, she was waiting when I took the food out, and letting me know she felt I was late with it - I put the food under the spousal unit's truck - she didn't run, but waited {albeit impatiently} - then, she allowed me to pet her - stayed there when I went back out, allowed me to pet her, all the while mumbling under her breath as she gobbled the food - I scruffed her & brought her out, rubbing her tummy - she's heavily pregnant again - let go her scruff, rubbed her belly - she NEVER tried to bite or scratch me. St. Francis musta been whispering in her ear ......................... I'm also blessed/lucky in that my spousal unit doesn't harangue me on those occasions when I DO get bitten/scratched & have to go to the doc for antibiotics - I dated a man who embarrassed the he## out of me when I was scratched by a kitten in Morocco - but my hubby, God bless'im, knows that telling me not to try to befriend strays is like telling me not to breathe ........................... ;-)

3 comments:

lainy said...

Some of the scratches really hurt.Glad she ate her food without biting or scratching you.

How long are cats pregnant?

Diamond Mair said...

ShortSh#t {our progeny's "firstborn"} got himself stuck under the house - when I had enticed him to where I could scruff him, our {then} neighbors' cat, who apparently thought when I was outside, I belonged to HIM, flew at me & managed to open my right upper arm with teeth & claws - I held on to ShortSh#t until my spousal unit could get there to scruff him - when I was able to check it out, the blood was flowing down past my 'belbow' {as our progeny used to call it} - had a doc's appt already scheduled for later in the week, so I waited 'til then to get the antibiotics. ;-)

Cats' gestation is pretty close to 2 months {some say 62, some say 63 days} - what I'm HOPING is to be able to catch Mama before she delivers, crate her and let her have the kittens safely ....................... whether that WILL happen is anybody's guess .....................

Lonestar Gal said...

Diamond,
I can completely relate! My poor husband cringes every time I set eyes on some poor stray, or see a wounded animal beside the road.
Both of our dogs are rescues, and I have a bad habit of wanting to bring home every stray I see.
I must admit to being a bit worried about how our dogs are going to adjust to the temperature change when we move to Texas in June. Need to remember to give the Vet a call. You seem to have some affinity with critters... any suggestions?