Saturday, September 15, 2007

Got the “first” pot of soup on, for this winter ……………………..

Mebbe I’m jumping the gun, but I just have a feeling that the cold-damplies will be hitting this area sooner rather than later ………………… but with beef, pork, chicken, redskin potatoes, lentils, navy beans, black beans, spinach, cabbage, bell pepper & leek {OF COURSE there’s fresh garlic, onion & basil in it!}, it should make a nice “remove from freezer, put in microwave, thaw/warm up and voila!”

Anybody with experience of food processors, can ya give a gal an assist? Last week, making my chicken salad {chicken breasts, red/orange/green bell peppers, pomegranate, celery – secret is to run fresh garlic & onion and celery seed through an electrical ‘chopper’ with the mayo or Miracle Whip – puts the flavor throughout} I tried ‘chopping’ the bell peppers with the disk of the food processor ………………. If I’d been making pico de gallo, it would’ve been great – but it just battered the poor peppers – wound up cutting them up by hand – tonight, with the cabbage & bell pepper, I tried the 2 blades on a spindle ………………. If I were making coleslaw or pepper cabbage {a PA Dutch treat}, once again, would’ve been great ……………………….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Mair, can't help you on this one. Maybe a garlic press would help?