Friday, July 6, 2007

Yesterday, while over on t'other side of town .............................

{spousal unit's putting in some O/T - so on paydays, he can't get away to deposit his check, so I went over, met him @ the gate & headed on to credit union} - after I'd taken care of my business on that side of town, I was heading back out here - now, the road our financial institution is at right angles to the highway that starts me on my journey home - you turn left onto the highway - THERE I am, minding my own business, in the left-turn lane - when off to my right I see a most BEAUTIFUL German Shepherd with the owner, who has a crate with a not-easily-seen sign on it - thinking there are !PUPPIES! there {yes, I'm a sucker for puppies - BIG surprise, I know!}, I swoop to the right turn lane, turn the block around {that's a PA Dutch term ;-) } and park next to the pickup with the Shepherd - turns out he's an intact male, 4 years old and his owners just don't have the time to devote to him that he deserves - they're GIVING him away - they just want him to go to a loving home. Tucker {the dog} is a most pleasant dog - VERY friendly, gentle and affectionate {you can tell he's been LOVED} - Joe {his owner} got him as a puppy - he has papers, etc., etc. Unfortunately, 'we' aren't in a position to have a dog right now - but I got Joe's number, and told him I'd see if I couldn't help find a good home for Tucker. Joe's a minister, and he & his wife travel a lot in their work.

We-ell, today I went to get my Jeep inspected {only 4 months overdue ;-) } and got to talking with a gentleman who's vehicle was the next to be checked out - mentioned in passing about Tucker - wouldn't you know it, turns out that Richard is looking for a full grown male Shepherd - got home, called Joe {I don't give folks' numbers out to all & sundry - I'll be the go-between 'til someone tells me different - it's a matter of respect for the folks who entrust their info to me} & left a message on his voicemail - Richard calls, and emphasizes that HE WANTS THIS DOG - Joe calls - I tell HIM about Richard, he gives me the go-ahead to give Richard his number - I call Richard, give him the number - 'bout an hour later, Richard calls - he'd been on the phone with Joe that entire time - they're meeting tomorrow, and Richard will be bringing Tucker into his home - the PLUS for me? Richard's home is really, REALLY close to us here, so I can go see Tucker pretty much whenever I want to ............................ oh, and it turns out that Richard is a minister, too! ;-)

Just call me a Yenta for our four legged friends! ;-)

3 comments:

Ambulance Driver said...

Diamond Mair, the patron saint of lost canines. ;)

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet story. I love happy endings.

KG said...

That's a great story. I'm a sucker for most animals, but Shepherds have to top the list. :-)
Good for you!