Tuesday, June 5, 2007

My heart's hurting ......................................

and I'm feeling guilty {hey, I'm Catholic, I can feel guilty about anything!!} - stopped for gas this afternoon, and there at the convenience store was a young pit bull mix with a collar - I spoke softly to him - and he responded - BUT - he was wearing a collar, and was COVERED with mange .......................... if I'd been driving the spousal unit's truck - I'dve picked him up, tied him in the bed & taken him to the shelter - BUT - when the cats are transported, the vast majority of the time, they're transported in my Jeep - I can't risk not killing all the mange mites ........................ St. Francis, please keep him safe, and let him find a loving home ........................ :-(

3 comments:

KG said...

DM, you can only do what's possible, bad as you may feel about not doing more sometimes.
Thank God there are people like you around to care is all I can say.

Flo said...

I'm with ya, Mair.

Francis W. Porretto said...

It hurts even to read such a thing.

I'm a sucker for anything furry on four legs, but I have a specially soft spot for animals in such need as you described. I wish I had been there. The C.S.O., despite her many threats to leave me should I adopt even one more stray, would have understood.