Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sent this as eMail to "my" Guys ........................

Hmmmmmmm, think maybe I have a 'hook' to run for office on? Come to think of it, I'd make a lousy politician ....................... ;-) Similarly to AD, my "filter" would just get stuck in the 'Off' position ;-)

I've been involved in animal welfare issues for the better part of 35 years {NOT the
PETA-type - I've stood for animals which were abused/neglected}
.......................................... back in '72 or '73, at age 16, I testified before Congress, regarding the laws concerning animals in transport. At that time, I tried to make the case that what was needed was NOT "new laws"; rather, that enforcement of existing laws would suffice.

The more I hear of how more & yet MORE laws are crucially necessary to "fix" the immigration mess, the more I want to stand up and scream "STOP! The only law that needs to be changed is the 'anchor baby' interpretation of the 14th Amendment - it needs to be delineated as having served it's purpose, and is NO LONGER NECESSARY" ................

God knows, we have MORE than enough laws on the books - they need to be enforced - we DON'T need 'new laws' that either won't be enforced, or will be selectively
enforced .....................................

1 comment:

DW said...

Start making sense of 300 years of laws, girly, and you get elected, first political figure that repeals more than they write.