Thursday, August 28, 2014

Prayers answered ......................................

Back in March, we were notified that the company we were providing security for had decided to 'cut costs' by cutting OUR pay by $4.00/hr & going with unarmed security; since I elected to seek other opportunities, rather than pay for the "privilege" of continuing there {from $14.50/hr to $11.50/hr, 102 mile roundtrip every day}, the contract administrator for my company {who couldn't be arsed to try to keep our contract intact} became rather peeved at me ................................. so sad, too bad.

I was hired to work the security console of a worldwide concern, @ $16.00/hr.  Problem was, the alarms they utilized were dialed down so low, I couldn't hear them - my supervisors liked what they had seen of me, though, and arranged for me to be hired at another facility of this company, much shorter commute, @ $11.00/hr.  Problem with THAT job is boredom - I work 0600{6 am}-1800 {6 pm} Saturday & Sunday, 2200 {10 pm}-0600 {6 am} Mondays & Tuesdays, plus, that schedule makes it impossible to get any kind of circadian rhythm down pat.

Sooo, was texting with a friend from the 'cut our pay' job - SHE mentioned a new contract/company, starting at $17.50/hr, supervisors make more {I MAY be in the process of being considered for a shift supervisor}.  Went for an interview last Thursday, was told they'd notify by Tuesday .......................... Tuesday came & went ................................. Wednesday came & went .............................. I finally broke down & called today, left voicemail - got a call ~ 4 hours later, telling me to come in Friday for HAZWOPPER {?} training ..................................... I GOT A NEW JOB !!!!  BEST part is, at least 2 out of 3 of us, alumnae of the 'cut our pay' job, are ALSO hired - we worked well together before, I don't see it being any different ................................ {SIGH!!}

The FodGuy wants me to work through Tuesday; I'd kinda like to work through Sunday, have the rest of the week off, just RELAX .................................. ;-)




.

4 comments:

Old NFO said...

Congratulations! :-) Sometimes good things DO come to those who wait...

XS3mdrvr said...

Jim stole the words right out of my mouth! Could have done worse ;)

Joe Harwell

XS3mdrvr said...

Jim stole the words right out of my mouth! Could have done worse ;)

Diamond Mair said...

Thank you both - still awaiting uniforms/boots {of COURSE my black Propper uniforms & black Bates boots aren't acceptable - going with digi-cam trousers, & tan boots, shirts are a silky synthetic, guaranteed to sweat our a$$es off}, which SHOULD be here late next week - then it's waiting for ships to arrive ................. on a lighter note, at least I'm getting plenty of rest/recuperation from triple extraction oral surgery this past Monday ................ ;-)

Semper Fi'
DM