Tuesday, December 11, 2007

'Specially for Lainy ..................................

"Things" have settled somewhat - and our progeny MAY make it home for Christmas!! ;-)

Right now, I'm having to utilize the spousal unit's computer, as mine decided to "shat the bed" yesterday - spousal unit is putting a new one together for me, but it won't BE 'together' 'til sometime tonight or early tomorrow {he DOES have to work, doncha know? ;-) }

I'm going to our local magistrate's court tonight, for my spouse - he received a ticket because the addresses didn't match on his insurance card and license - MY attitude is, as long as the insurance is current, and the license isn't expired, what does it matter???? - it's just a means for municipalities to generate income - once we've taken care of this, though, I'm going to be questioning whether the illegals who live in the area are subject to the same rules & regulations - I'll have another blog when my computer is back, but it seems that those of us who generally-speaking obey the law, and have some kind of sympathy/empathy for other living creatures are being penalized every time we turn around - my husband gets a ticket 'cause his addresses don't match - local news is that people who feed feral cats are now responsible for vaccinations/spaying/neutering - never mind that other people are dumping the cats and leaving them to fend for themselves ............... no, let's gouge the folks that are showing compassion for these unfortunates ...................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was just for lil ole me? Awe shucks, thanks so much.

I think you're right about what difference does the address make if it's current. And, do let us know about the treatment of illegal aliens. I'm very interested.

Sorry you puter is out. Hope all goes well for you.

MathewK said...

No good deed goes unpunished DM. The law-abiding are punished and the law-breakers are coddled.