Saturday, November 10, 2007

Went for a chest X-ray yesterday ........................

hadn't had one for a couple years, and the 1.5 month cough I've had decided to get my attention Tuesday - I coughed, & something "popped" on the left back side of my rib cage - got to the doc Thursday, and she decided it was past time for one for baseline if no other reason .........................
ANYhoo - so there I am, in the Radiology waiting room - they give you a numbered card, for "privacy purposes" - you're then called to the registration area by your number - once you're registered, however, they call you by name to shoot your films ........................... as Ambulance Driver notes, HIPAA is rather ......................... capricious .........................
What got to me was the woman handling registration - it was lunch time, so she was the only registrar - but she would take TEN minutes minimum per patient, browsing through some manual for various codes - apparently, she's not only a very slow reader, but also has NO retention of what she read while dealing with the previous patient - you'd have thought she was looking through a magazine/catalogue .......................... also, there was a young woman with her daughter, the woman in scrubs, employed at this hospital - she kept looking at her watch and sighing - finally, she got up and went into the back, chitchatting with her fellow employees - NOW, I'm all about 'professional courtesy', but one DOESN'T flaunt it - she could have gone around out in the hall, and entered through the 'back door' of the department, to talk - as it was, she left the rest of us in the waiting room thinking she'd 'jumped the line' - once again, I can understand that, but DON'T FLAUNT IT ............................
When we were coming up on 2 hours I'd spent waiting, I went to the front desk - I was "the next one up" - sure enough, I was the next one called {yes, by NAME! ;-)} and was in/out in less than 10 minutes ...............................

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope all turns out well. Let us know,

I'll be thinking of you.

*Hugs*

MathewK said...

Yeah same here, hope it goes well DM.

Anonymous said...

How are you?

Thinking about you and sending hugs.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you :)

*Hugs*