Wednesday, March 14, 2007

The saying, 'No good deed goes unpunished'?

Ye-eah, that would be me .............................. {Holly & Flo already know this, via eMail ;-) }


The floor in our laundry area has been buckling since July - the top layer actually split open about 3 weeks ago - the Spousal Unit decided to take Monday & Tuesday off, to fix it - turns out, last time it was repaired, some idjit decided to go really cheap & used particle board, stapled to the 2" x 6"s - then used "sheetrock mud" to fill the gap/level it to the plywood it was adjacent to - the particle board was black with mold - he got a SawZall & cut between the 2 x 6s - then I got to pry it off where it was stapled - my right elbow has been giving me fits for a couple of weeks - swinging the hammer didn't help - and the Spousal Unit put 1" plywood down, with 2 x 4s between the 2 x 6s for bracing - using wood screws & nails - but, there are several HOLES under the 2 x 6s - ShortSh#t {aka Pedro, aka ThunderPaws} decided to go adventuring - and the Spousal Unit "boarded" him under the trailer - I'd gone outside for something, and the neighbor's cat {the one I just took for his shots} was raising he## at the skirting - I came in and made a feline 'head-count' - SS was the only one unaccounted for - the Spousal Unit pulled the skirting out - sure enough, there he was, cobwebs on his whiskers - the neighbor's cat, BJ, was still letting his displeasure be known - I got some wet food and tried to entice SS to me - he FINALLY came over & I was able to scruff him - of course, HE tried to get his teeth around to my hand - I held onto him, while waiting for the Spousal Unit to come over & help - all of a sudden, there was some rather severe pain in my upper right arm - BJ decided that, since Stubby was no longer here, if I'm outside, I'm to give him {BJ} my undivided attention - BJ finally removed his claws - the Spousal Unit got hold of SS, and we got him out from under - got SS in the house - all while I'm bleeding rather profusely - later, I was returning borrowed tools, and BJ FOLLOWED me - when I left one neighbor's house, and was out of his line of sight, I could hear him calling to me - and again, this morning, I'm feeling like the Pied Piper of cats ......................... and I'm STILL bleeding, and it hurts from elbow to shoulder - I figure it's due to the aspirin I've been taking per doc's suggestion ................................... but all OUR cats are present & accounted for, and BJ has decided our porch is HIS sole turf ............................ while soaking last night, I heard another stray outside {I call him Chumley-Bumley, Flo - ;-) }, but BJ wouldn't permit him to come up for groceries .................................. ;-)

5 comments:

DW said...

Rd,
You can't feed them all, I know you want to, but there ae just so many places to put bowls. Glad to hear you are back.

Flo said...

So has Chumley been allowed up for food yet?

DW said...

Hey, RD are you all right? long time no read.

Flo said...

[knock knock] Hullo? Anybody in there? Do we need to send in the National Guard?

I'm semi caught back up with my email. Give me a holler if you need something, Mair.

Ambulance Driver said...

Dang Mair, did you fall through the floor? Do I need to head up a rescue party?